Monday, April 11, 2011

When yarn goes wrong

So, a while ago I finished one sock with the Sausalito yarn, moved on to other projects and last Friday finally decided to start the other sock. It looked a bit odd, it was too green, but I figured it'd work itself out after a while. Tonight I thought I'd pull out until I hit the colour changes. And then I pulled out a centre bit and realised it was all wrong:



The yarn on the left half has a marled effect, two strands of different colours twisted together. Somewhere in the middle it is knotted together with rainbow coloured strands. sigh.

This is particularly annoying because I frequently buy sock yarn for the stash. I sometimes have sock yarn for a year before doing anything with it. The wrong colours were all tucked in the centre and totally not visible when I bought the yarn. And I'm sure my yarn shop lady will exchange it, but it's really not her fault, it's the fault of the company she bought it from.

It's in a bag now and I have other projects to knit.

No comments: