Sunday, April 10, 2011

experimentation

So, the curling edge really annoyed me and I went trawling the project pages for that pattern on Ravelry. Found a few that seemed promising, and added some ideas of my own.

At first I thought that perhaps instead of YO, K2tog I could alternate that with YO, P2tog and then after trawling the project pages I decided that adding some garter stitch rows would be nice too. Only one of them really said anything about adding stitches to keep up with the pattern increases, so I thought about it and came up with this:

Do Row 93 as stated
Purl Row 94 instead of knitting around.
Row 95: (YO, k48)each of the 8 sections
Row 96: Purl tbl of yarnover, purl all other stitches
Row 97: (YO, K1, *YO, P2tog, YO, K2tog* rep ** 12 times)each of the 8 sections
Row 98: Purl
Row 99: (YO, K50) each of the 8 sections
Row 100: Bind off loosely, P2tog, return that stitch to Left Needle, repeat (remember to twist the yarnover stitch before P2tog)


I haven't yet finished a section, but I think it'll work. I like the way it looks too.

ETA: It worked out nicely!

No comments: