Tuesday, April 26, 2011

waffling

So, I did weigh that section and if I take that weight and multiply it by how many pattern repeat row I have the final product should weigh more than it does. And so I really don't think I'll have enough to make the front pieces, even though they will be smaller, because I'm doing two less pattern repeats.

So I'm waffling over whether to rip it out and start over and do one less pattern repeat - which because it's knitted sideways will mean it won't be as long - and still run the risk of running out of yarn. And do I do it in two pieces instead of four? I like the idea of less sewing together. I like that it will make the yarn stripes match up better. Not entirely sure how to knit for two pattern row repeats and then add on stitches, 'cos I don't want to do the cable cast on. I suppose I can figure something out.

And the big question is still: Will I have enough yarn?

No comments: