Sunday, August 7, 2011

Too many design ideas!

Still working on the starflower jacket. I didn't go with the short rows angle idea because I though front flappy pieces would be nice too. And I thought I could do it sideways by just adding stitches to the bottom bit. It might look fine on a very thin girl, but alas, I am not that girl.

I think front flappy bits would work, but need to be worked from the bottom up or the top down and then pieced together. And I will likely work on that design some other time, but for now I really prefer the design as a shrug.

The Japanese short row technique worked really well for this. Although I didn't actually use the pins, I just used my left needle to pick up the purl bump and thus tighten up the stitch.

Making this pattern in different sizes is going to be a non-trivial problem. I may need to hire a tech knitter for help with actually writing this pattern because I don't know if I can convey my directions very well. People had problems with the hat pattern and I thought I was being clear and concise and that it was a simple pattern.

So, if I can't even do something that basic, I doubt my abilities to make this pattern understandable to anyone but me.

No comments: