Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I think I'm almost done

The shrug design has finally resolved itself and I'm just about to cast off on the last section. Then comes washing and blocking and drying and sewing it together.

Then comes the megasuperawesomefuntime of trying to decipher my pattern notes. And trying to resize it. I have figured out a way to measure the sides of the octagon without actually drawing it out, which helps a bit. Although not as much as I could hope for. I will still need to graph out those oh-so-complicated sleeves, so that I will be able to properly calculate what number of stitches should be in the the short rows. I hate graphing things.

The sleeves. Oh my, the sleeves. I am not entirely sure that many other people will be able to comprehend my instructions for the sleeves. It's not that I don't think people are incapable of doing them, if I can do them, anyone can. It's that I don't think I'm capable of giving proper, clear, concise, non-confusing instructions.

And do I try to submit it to a magazine or online thing or just fling it up on Rav? I really don't know.

Anyway. One last row to cast off.

No comments: