Sunday, May 22, 2011

Design decisions

I sometimes wish I didn't get these design ideas. It always loos so good in my head, but I can't quite make it come out my fingers. I got up to the the pleats and realised that I had done the math wrong. And so I hadn't cast on enough stitches. And because I kinda wanted this to be a proper pattern I need to factor in those stitches, I can't just wing it and add some or because there's a decrease round, just not decrease a few over the pleats part.

Also, why am I so hyped up about doing this on a smaller needle? Just because that's the gauge I needed for that other hat? The yarn I settled on is very different. So since I had to start over anyway I'm knitting a gauge swatch on a size 6.

Things that shold be done by now if I wasn't so obsessed with this stoopid hat idea: The purple and green kimono. The other sock. The baby blanket.

No comments: