Monday, March 21, 2011

Tangled Yarn

Yes, I am one of those strange people who likes untangling yarn. But this weekend I've done my share of it and I'd like to be done for a while!

I much prefer untangling yarn for other people! It's much more satisfying. The Knitter's Retreat was just splendid. I worked on the hat, which may become a proper pattern. I started doing something with what used to be the Stinky Green Yarn and has become the Evil Green Yarn because it became a tangled mess that took me over four hours to untangle. I started knitting with it Saturday night and worked about two inches and then ran into a ball of knots that was still attached to the cake, so I yanked that out and two tangled blobs plopped out. bluh.

I don't know how long I tried to untangled it on Saturday, but Sunday morning I started in after breakfast (I'm guessing around 9am) and by 1pm it was all untangled and balled up.

And now I'm slightly obsessed by the flower jacket thingy. It was almost done, but would have been too small and so I never finished it. Well, I've decided I don't like it and so I'm ripping it out. I have ideas for how to rearrange it.

I am still under the delusion that I can write a proper pattern. And I can't really post much about it because I have a mad notion to submit it to Knitty. We shall see.

No comments: