Monday, March 14, 2011

maybe a decision...

I can't settle on a pattern for the Stinky Green Yarn. You'd think that a mottled green metallic yarn and a pattern called Mermaid's Mesh would just beg to be put together, right? meh. Not so much. I almost settled on Pearl Barred Scallop, but then I remembered this stitch I came up with yonks ago and decided to play with that. I think I like it.






I know that's a crappy picture and it's not in the green yarn, but I like it. It's mesh-y, but light and sproingy. And the pattern is easy to remember - the Mermaid's Mesh wasn't difficult, but was very easy to lose track of which row I was doing.

I also found my notes for a hat idea using this stitch. I never knew what to do for a brim and so never did anything with that idea. But I've done a few hats lately that had a nice knitted brim and so I think I might try some Noro and play.

No comments: