Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sun hats

I wanted a cute little sun hat with ruffles and the Garland eyelet pattern. Ruffles gave me fits for a while, but I worked it out. Didn't like how it looked anyway, tried some other way, didn't like that, ended up with a version I do like. Had to rearrange the garland pattern for working in the round. Got to the decreases, only to decide I didn't like where the eyelets were placed and discover that I was doing the decreases wrong. Ripped it out, started the garland pattern up a bit higher, decided to add extra knit rows to help separate the eyelets from the purl rows (I think it looks better) and now I'm doing the decreases.

I think I can work out the math for various sizes. The intended recipient of this hat isn't even born yet!

I also think I am going to have to pay for some Ravelry advertisements, but I think I'll add some more hat patterns first. I have to work on the math for the Vortex Swag hat and this Garland Eyelet hat, so I can have the pattern in various sizes. I still have ideas lurking in my head too, so just call me The Mad Hatter!

No comments: