Monday, February 14, 2011

resurrecting my blog

My long neglected blog! I sort of take notes during Ravelry projects, but sometimes I have knitting ramblings that don't really apply to a specific project or do so only indirectly.

Like the cardigan I started on. I'm using two strands of Jawoll Magic held together and I seem to have gotten two skeins with nearly the exact dye spacing. Which would be fabulous if I was making socks. As a sweater it came out all stripey. Which is also awesome, but on a bust as big as mine horizontal striping is not the way to go!

So, I switched to the other two skeins, and those two have different dye spacing and it's coming out all mottled, which is exactly the effect I wanted.

Thankfully I'd only done about 5 inches, so that's not so bad, but I will have to unravel and re-wind one other skein so that the colours don't match up again.


Unwanted stripes:














How I wanted it to be:

No comments: