Friday, February 18, 2011

Perfumed pickle

I did try working with that yarn last night, but as soon as I pulled it out of the bag dad started coughing (which is nothing new, but he doesn't need one more thing to aggravate it) and it made me nauseous as well.

I have worked with it before, but in different colours, so I am assuming it's the dye. It's very perfume-y, like the stuff they add to Febreeze (which may smell 'nice' but always makes me nauseous) So, I re-hanked it by winding it back onto the swift, tied it up and tried to wash the smell out. Just some mild soap didn't help, so I tried some vinegar in the water. Now it smells like a perfumed pickle.

If the weather cooperates I may just put it outside and see if the fresh air helps. Then I can keep it to work on it at the Knitter's Retreat.

I should cast on Dev's Other Sock, so I'll have that for the car ride tomorrow. We're going to visit our nephew in Philadelphia.

No comments: