Wednesday, February 16, 2011

mad ideas

Glenda has gorgeous Blue Heron Metallic yarn and I'm trying to find a pattern for it. Saroyan would look perfect, the yarn is mottled subtly in cheery spring green tones. Something with leafs would be perfect, but I'm just not finding anything that's grabbing me.

Found one pattern which is called something else, but is just Barbara Walker's Scroll Pattern. I saw that in a recent trawl of the pattern book and thought I could make it reversible. So that's what I'm currently playing with, although I really should make some tortillas, since we're having fajitas for supper...

It seems to be working, but the yarnovers are getting lost. They might not in the BHM, my test yarn is Berroco Comfort. So I might try this pattern with a double yarnover that will then get dropped the next row. maybe.

No comments: