Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blanket update and yet another hat

So I made a hat for Chip. I hope it's not too big. I tried it on Stave last night and it was huge on him, but Chip does have a bigger head and fluffier hair... too lazy to link to the pattern properly, it's Tychus, a knitty pattern. I must have been doing something wrong, I ended up with holes and stretched stitches when I did the second half and connected all the lines. I tweaked it a bit, twisted some stitches and made one just to slip it over another stitch. So, other than being big I guess it looks OK. I doubt he'll like it, he never seems to like stuff I make.

I'm also worried that my friend won't like the Tea Bag. I'm still debating whether it should have a closure of some sort.

I also have to make Dev's fleece scarf and mittens and hat. I bought Cars fleece on ebay. It wasn't entirely what I expected, the images are larger than I assumed they would be. But it's still doable. However, he keeps yammering on about getting The King and, well... we didn't. And I can't find those blasted things ANYWHERE!

I should call Kathy and ask her to look at stores out there. I can send her a picture of the packaging.

Oh yes, and the blanket update: I decided that I don't like the darker blue and I prefer Devlin's original choice - Cobalt. Which means that I will most likely rip out the blues and re-do them. Yes, I really am that anal! :) Oh and I bought a sort of heathered red and I want to trade that in on the candy apple red.

No comments: