Friday, November 24, 2006

Melissa's Butterfly Shawl

...not sure why there are two pictures of the same thing? I'm still figuring out how to do all this - posting pictures and all that!

I started this on October 8 and finished it November 15? 18th? It was seriously complicated, but extremely satisfying to accomplish. I found the pattern online at needlebeetle.com - I certainly didn't design it! I'm not that talented!

Melissa wanted a dragonfly, but I couldn't find anything that I was willing to do (the one pattern I found, the needles were way too small!) but she lurvs butterflies too - so I bought this pattern and we settled on yarn and then... it was Spring and I stopped knitting! :) So, back at the end of September she found the yarn she wanted at yarnbythebag.com and sent it to me. I expected this thing to take me forever, but it took about 6 weeks. She may just get it in the mail today! I do hope she likes it. And feels brave enough to wear it! :) But... I did it! I finished it! Even if she hangs it on the wall or drapes it over the couch... it'll still get noticed and it's still gorgeous.

I wore it out last week, secretly hoping that someone would stop me and gush over it so I could say, Yes, I made this! and no one said a thing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's neat-o!