Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hats!

I have lots more ideas stuck in my head, but I'm determined to finish up this kimono cardi first! I may even wear it to NYC, despite the high temps. 'cos, well, it's cotton, so it wouldn't be much heavier than a t-shirt, right? Maybe I can find some khaki pants or a skirt.

I managed to get the Flapper Swag cloche, plus the bow, out of two skeins of Tahki Cotton (but I needed 3 skeins of the Merino 5) I know they're different fibres, but there's supposedly less yardage on the cotton skeins, so, go figure.

Since I have a skein of cotton leftover I'm going to try to modify it to a baby size and use some funky new ribbon yarn for the swag parts and the bow. I have at least two other ideas lurking in there, but the green yarn is giving me a different gauge in the round, so I'll need to knit a bit more and get a proper gauge swatch.

I had a button idea for the Ella Rae hat, but it just didn't suit me. I plan on looking for something in NYC. The colours are very moody though and I wish I had chosen a different colour.

Trawling Rav for baby hat and bonnet patterns and finishing up the sleeve on the kimono cardi. I did actually finish the whole thing and decided I didn't like how the colours striped on one sleeve, but it won't take long to finish that.

No comments: